Subscribe here to be notified about updates to www.PretentiousName.com.

(Directory Opus stuff will generally not be mentioned here; see the Directory Opus news feed instead.)

Monday 2 May 2011

64-bit Adobe Reader thumbnail mix-up fix.

I've released out a new version of my Adobe Reader x64 thumbnails fix which hopefully solves the problem of PDF thumbnails appearing for the wrong files.
Note the instructions about clearing your thumbnail cache.

If you still get the problem, let me know. I had to guess what Adobe had done wrong this time and didn't get much feedback on the new version, but hopefully my guess was right.

Directory Opus users: Opus 10 is now out and works with this fix (and with PDF-XChange), so you can get PDF thumbs in Opus again now, too.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Leo,

    I have been trying for months to find a fix for not being able to see my PDF thumbnails in Windows and I noticed that your fix seems to be really popular but I see that it is not available anymore. Do you know if there is anyway i can receive it or purchase it? I just want to see my PDF thumbnails since I have many PDFs on my computer. Thank you for your help.

    Jonni

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some DNS problems with my site but it should be back in the next day or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used the fix for the thumbnails and it worked great; however, it seems to have made previewing the PDFs in the preview pane much slower. Previously it showed the preview instantly, after installing the fix it takes 5 seconds or more. So I have uninstalled it and the preview in the pane is instant again.

    ReplyDelete